AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, just now, like minutes ago I received my new 75U, a panny RP62 and a couple of instruction manuals to read through. The first thing that I noticed is that I cannot run composite video from the RP62 to the 75U without a cable adapter that turns a composite cable into a RGB cable. I believe that Panasonic sells one, but is there another source for something like this?

Boy I can't wait to project this baby on my brand new MervynHawk bedsheet that is hanging on the wall. I hear that the grey, no-pill cotton surface is just what I need to get those deep, deep blacks and great contrast.

Thanks for the help and I will post some reviews of the 75U/RP62 combo when I get it up and running. I read hundreds of posts here and did lots of required hand-wringing before I bought this stuff so thanks for the posts and the help with the cable, and now it's off to the movies!

David

·
Registered
3,991 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Cal Z.: Heh, thanks. It's fun to do. Without it, there's no way to feed my electronics purchasing habit. :) I must have gone through 20-25 laptops, 10 desktops, 5-6 projectors, and a host of other goodies in the last 2 years.

I did find it listed on a few places, and for reasonably cheap:

$154.99 for the silver RP62

but I didn't find them in stock anywhere.

Does the RP62 have optical only, or does it have coax too?

Edit:

Hmm, some places do seem to show in stock...

DataVision

I wonder if that's reliable.

·
Registered
5,132 Posts
That's cheaper than RP56 ($185 at Best Buy, new, not open-boxed) and should have less quirks than RP56. RP62, like the RP56, has optical only per spec: "Optical digital audio out for DTS & Dolby Digital Surround Sound"

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the information on the cable. I got the RP62 at Fry's here in California. Just walked in and plunked down 170.00 and walked out with it. They had lots of them.

Well it's back to the theater room to try and figure out how the heck all of this stuff works! I suspect that we are an easy bunch to please, but I had a group of 6 enthralled watching 'Pleasantville' on a wall with a door and a bookcase in the way........ It looks very nice right out of the box..er boxes even with the patched up cable we cobbled together.

·
Registered
697 Posts
hi

i have an extra break out cable i got it from a2z cables.i bought 2 of them.

i don`t need it now. if you want it its yours.

pm me if you want .

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Noah,

I do live in silicon valley and as soon as I get the thing set up I will be happy to have folks over for viewing. Right now the whole set up is spread all over the floor, and it looks great!

David

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.