AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a new Dell and want to add a Tv tuner. I have been looking around on newegg.com and other places and am confused on what I need. Currently I do not have HDTV all I have is regular cable but who knows if I will get it down the road and would like to have my computer ready for the future. What I want out of it is to just record TV.

Here is my computer. Vostro 200 Mini Tower

Intel® Pentium® Dual-Core Processor E2140 (1.60GHz, 1MB L2 Cache

Vista Home premium

Dell 20 inch Widescreen 2007WFP UltraSharp™ Digital Flat Panel

2GB Dual Channel DDR2 SDRAM 667MHz - 2DIMMs

320GB Serial ATA Hard Drive (7200RPM) w/DataBurst Cache

256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT 2DVI

integrated sound card

If you could let me know what some good cards are that would be awesome or even if you could point me in the right direction

Thanks

·
Registered
53 Posts
cool. nice buy. I was just asking the model because of the size card you will need, I just bought a dell 531s & it is very limited to mods.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is that one of the smaller towers. I thought about getting one to save room on my desk but i thought it would be better to have a bigger one If i ever wanted to change something. According to DHL my computer is only 15mins from my house an hour ago. So if you know anything about good tv tuner cards that would be awesome.

·
Registered
2,614 Posts
I've enjoyed the features of the Hauppauge 1600. It's PCI but if you need PCI-e then they have an 1800 model and soon to be released $49 model that is PCI-e as well.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hornfeck /forum/post/12954200

I've enjoyed the features of the Hauppauge 1600. It's PCI but if you need PCI-e then they have an 1800 model and soon to be released $49 model that is PCI-e as well.

The 1800 is PCIe. The newer one (not released yet) has clear QAM.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts