AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received my Denon 2803 on Saturday so I thought I would post my initial thoughts and questions. My previous receiver was the Kenwood VR3100 with touchscreen remote. I have it hooked up to Swan Diva 5.1 fronts/C3 center/R3 surrounds/Klipsch KSW-12 sub.

The Good:

Sound quality, accuracy and soundstage is noticably better than the kenwood.

Even though I don't currently have a 7.1 channel setup, its nice knowing that I can easily upgrade to it without adding an extra amp.

Solid heavy look and feel

The Bad:

On screen display does not seem to work with component outputs, so for setup I had to use a composite connection to my projector.

Several of the configurations that I would use regularly, like Midnight Mode (not sure exactly what Denon calls it, but you know what I mean) would be much easier to set if I had the onscreen display available.

With the remote, it is not easy to switch your input source. You have to first change the remote mode to either tuner, cd or tape, then change the input source, then change the remote mode back to the source you want to select.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the receiver for the price. I'm sure I will eventually figure out everything I can do with it, and maybe some workarounds to the bad things I listed.

·
Registered
303 Posts
OSD should work with the component outs. At least it does on my 3803. Make sure you have it on, and that you have the right output/input on the receiver and TV.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.