AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got this projector from the Goodwill for $5 and it seems to work. I have a few questions though. I read that it is the same as the NEC but on mine instead of s-video or composite video on the panel I have a curtain control. Can someone tell me what that is for or if I can replace the board underneath with one that has the video inputs? Also what would be best to get for a RGBHV converter. I found DVI cables on ebay for cheap but do they work good. I'm real excited to try and get this working. I need to find a remote for it also. Can I use a universal remote of some kind or do I need to try and find an original one. I know it's a lot of questions but I'm new to this and could really use the help. Thanks in advance. Phil

·
Registered
4,815 Posts
Forget about S-video, it's unwatchable. Get an HD-Fury HDMI to RGB converter for 100 bucks. Download the setup manual for your machine, which is really an NEC 6PGX, from Curt palme.com
http://www.curtpalme.com/NECPG.shtm

you will need the factory set-up remote, no easy way around it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.