AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a Sony KV-32HS500! WoW! To my surprise, my Sony outlet had 5 of these shipped from the Sony Warehouse. Factory sealed, officially "B Stock". He said Sony sends the discontinued models to them to blow out. FULL factory warranty. It ran me $988, less a $250 credit for my hunk of JUNK CDP-CX455 Jukebox bought in September. I'm using it in my bedroom, as I already have a Mitsubishi WS-55511 16:9 in the HT. On SD content, this Sony DESTROYS my Mits! I havent compared HD yet. I wonder how long I need to break it in before I Avia? Also, has anyone used the DVI port yet? I can't recommend this TV enough!

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Looks like you made a super deal on this Sony, and with the $250 credit for the "hunk of junk" you nabbed the tube for about half price. Now that's my kinda deal, congrats all around!

·
Registered
750 Posts
Do not wait to use AVIA, do it now, then again after 100 hours of normal use. If you haven't calibrated yet you could be overdriving the set right now. Start out right with a propper calibration, then after 100 hours of normal use it should be ready for a final set up calibration/ISF calibration. Normal use it powering on and off like normal. Don't run the set for 100 hours straight to get it broken in quicker, just use it like you normally would.

You may also want to fix the red push if you have it and the on-screen display intensity.

See my post in this thread to find out how to fix these, also has settings on my 32HV600:

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...hreadid=244288

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Sony outlets seem to be the only places I've seen Sony stuff at a decent discount. The one around here had some 34XBR800s for $1900, and a 32" for about $1000.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Hey cajie,

The one I went to was in the Wrentham, MA outlet malls. The website for that outlet center is www.premiumoutlets.com. That site list a Sony store in Woodbury, NY as well.

I don't know of a comprehensive list, though. Google searching might be your best bet.

·
Registered
4,528 Posts
Thanks jckessler,

I went to Google, and it seems that the closest Factory Sony Outlet to me is in Gaffney, SC, which is not exactly next door if you know what I mean. I'll look into it further.

·
Registered
2,266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks! Jeff, that is some excellent information! I will get cracking on it ASAP.

·
Registered
35 Posts
According to their website, there are 10 Sony Factory Outlets in the US:
Sony Outlets Locations .

Hope that helps.

I will probably move on the HS500 or the HS510; I'm looking to purchase a set at the end of the summer. Circuit City just dropped their price on the HS500 to about $1230. I think that's probably a good indication of the price point they will sell the HS510 for ($1299 MSRP according to the Sony press release, IIRC).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.