Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everybody,

I have followed this forum for a while now, even though I never had a chance to post anything of interest so far...

I just purchased a used ECP 3101 and I am very excited.

Unfortunately, I do not know anything about projectors.

The projector I bought is set up for ceiling (inversed) projection.

I need to set it up for front projection, not reversed.

I would appreciate if anybody could help me out with the required modifications...

Any litterature about this projector would really be welcomed.

I have searched through this forum but still have some questions.

I am planning on using a HPTC to control the projector.

I wanted to know what would be the optimal resolution to use if I want to have a 16*9 screen format ?

Also, which graphic card would be the best for that application, a geforce or radeon based card ? I will be watching dvds and tv for the most part.

Thank you in advance very much for your help and I cannot wait to hear from the gurus out there ;-)

Also, anybody from Austin, TX that would be willing to enlight me ?

Thanks again for your time,

Arno.

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
There is some info on Snagg's website here:

http://www.snaggs.com/projector/index.php

There is a copy of the service seminar that should help you tremendously as far as setting things up.

I use a Radeon based card, others use Geforce. I think it depends on what month it is :)

1280 x 720 @ 72Hz is what I run my 4000 at, but I think that is beyond the bandwidth capabilities of the 3101...Others have said 800x600 for a 4:3, but I'm not sure on the 16:9 for your pj.

To change the scan...

When you remove the top you will see 3 sets of wire coming from the yokes on the CRTs. Please make sure the pj in unplugged before you start doing this...Near the back of the pj, on the boards beneath each CRt is where these wire harnesses plug in. If setting on a table, standing at the rear, and looking down...the H Scan connector is to the left it has a blue, brown, brown, red wire (possibly 2 more) wires...the red needs to face to your right. Then the green/yellow (vertical) needs to have the yellow to the right. Do this for all 3 tubes. Originally there was a white sticker on these connectors that said "REV SCAN" when set to ceiling...but it may have fallen off hence the color code I told you to follow. If you see the sticker, it needs to face the front of the pj for a table mount application.

If you download the manual from Snagg's, this procedure may be listed with some diagrams to help you.

·
Registered
JVC RS40, Pioneer Elite Receiver, B&W Atmos in ceiling. Draper Onyx.
658 Posts
I have an ECP 3101 that is being driven by a PIV 1.5ghz, 1gb SDRAM, Radeon 7000, SB Live 5.1, and Power DVD XP. Works well and looks great. I also had to "flip" the video when I got mine. It's real easy to do.

As far as projector information everything you will need is here in the forum. My advice to you is to read everything on the ECP's very carefully and understand exactly what you are doing if you start to tinker with the electronics.

·
Registered
623 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you guys for the information.

I will definitly check everything before I open the monster :)

I hope that I will be able to watch something soon.

Arno.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.