AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the AA transcoder connected to my dvd player and my pj, half the image on the left side is brighter than the half of the image on the right. While playing a video, the left side looks like it has a bunch of reflections in it while the right side does not. I've dragged a computer in the room, and hooked it up to the pj and I DONT get the the problem playing the same dvd through the computer. I think this narrows it down to the new transcoder or my dvd player. I dont get this problem with the dvd player hooked up to the TV, so I think its the transcoder......... Did I get a bad unit, or is there a fix?

Thanks,

--Eric

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Your making me jealous :) I have been informed that it might be "horizontal foldover", and the correction is to use H.move/phase/center to fix it --- I'll try that later tonight, and see if it works (I hope it does!!!!)

--Eric

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Projector: 1

Eric: 0

I'm an idiot - the H. Move DID work... (after I adjusted the H. Move I hit the button again, which set it back to "no move" and brought the problem back).

Now I'm getting a thin vertical line going up the screen - if I turn h.move off, it goes away (but then the reflective problem comes back), I can move the location of the bar, but then the image isnt centered and I again get the reflective problem back. If I turn the gain down, it goes away - but then I need more brightness/contrast, and then the bars come back again. I dont notice it much during a video - but whenever there is a dark scene it stands out.

Also - didnt notice before, but the pj kinda makes a high pitched noise now (power supply?). Gets slight louder during bright scenes.

--Eric

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.