AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my we just signed up for insight basic + showtime. We were one of the few who still had bunny ears. We have a Samsung LN-T4661F (1080P) and we were picking up our local HD channels just fine. My husband is not very happy with the way the local channels look on cable. We did get the cable box.

Now, I will have to be honest here and say that I was kind of hoping we would luck in to getting a bunch of free channels through the Qam tuner, so my husband hooked the cable directly into the tv, and I did a scan on the TV and we only got 14 channels, which is actually less than our basic lineup.

I take it that Insight doesn't have the glitch that lets a Qam tuner pick up some extra free channels?

Also, what would be the best method for getting HD channels for our local channels? My husband is talking about running the bunny ears back to the tv (we had them mounted in the attic, and a cable running down to the tv.)

Is there no better way to do this? I would think our tv would be able to pick up the local HD channels through the cable with the Qam tuner.

To detail how I did the scan: I go went to the menu. Antenna is set to Air. (cable doesn't pick up anything if I switch to it, which I don't understand.) I then go to Auto Program and selected the Air + Cable option. For analog and Digital I selected STD and started the scan. All the channels picked up were Air. Does it sound like I did the scan correctly?

·
Registered
7,918 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum. Your best bet to find out what if any QAM channels are available in your viewing area is to locate a thread for your viewing area in the Local HDTV Info and Reception section which I linked below. This would help put you in touch with other local Insight users.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=45

For help with programming your TV, the LCD Flat Panel section would be the best place to look.

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/forumdisplay.php?f=166

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.