AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, got my 55411 in today and i hooked up xbox and dvd and it looks AMAZING. few questions for you though.

1. i know that there are some basic settings that i can change to get the picture looking even better, can you guys let me know what these are.

2. also, i have dish network and it looks below par, is there anything i can do to help this look better.

anything else that you can tell me that i should know please tell me. thanks guys!!

·
Registered
232 Posts
your best bet is to turn down your contrast to about 1/4 to 1/3 and your bightness down to 50%. Then I'd order the Avia DVD and wait to do the rest.

·
Registered
399 Posts
On number 1 I agree with psm0110, turn down contrast and bright, then purchase the AVIA disk.

For 2. I assume you mean the std. def channels, they are going to be a problem for any digital TV. What you can do to improve them (will never be perfect) is use an external video processor, one of the best is to build a Home Theater PC (HTPC) and use DScaler (free). Read the HTPC section of this forum for details.

One other thing I would suggest, you may want to read some over at www.***************.com they have a lot of info on the Mits sets and info on tweaking for a better picture. The tweaks section now costs $ ($25/yr). The general section is free.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.