AVS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was going to buy this over the summer for 3k but I bit my tongue and waited and stalked and finally pulled the trigger for 1.5k. Please don't ask me where I got it as I won't tell you. Anyway I watch all my HD/Blu-ray material through my pc. I have a SI 8300 HD box hooked up to it. This set is BEAUTIFUL. I am so glad I got it. Thanks to everyone for your help. I noticed I was trying to get 1:1 pixel mapping 5080 and searched these forums and didn't come up with the exact solution so I will post it here as I found it. It's in the manual. Use a hdmi cable as opposed to vga pc cable to get the best picture out of your setup. I use a resolution of 1360X768 X60hz. I did notice that in the menus I don't have access to the orbiter when using pc over hdmi. Should I just use a screen saver as not to burn in things such as the toolbar?

·
Registered
5,001 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo1 /forum/post/12960836

I was going to buy this over the summer for 3k but I bit my tongue and waited and stalked and finally pulled the trigger for 1.5k. Please don't ask me where I got it as I won't tell you.

You either bought this HOT or through an employee purchase.

Congrats!

Chris

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, thank god for the internet and deal sites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creemail /forum/post/12960898

You either bought this HOT or through an employee purchase.

Congrats!

Chris

·
Registered
2,901 Posts
Some dude selling them out of a back of a white van? Send him to my neighborhood..

·
Registered
654 Posts
he prolly did the best buy scam (up to $800 off if done right), ends in february... don't PM me about it... go to fatwallet if you want to read about it, all i can say is i'm real happy with what i paid too :p

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by boostfrenzy /forum/post/12960997

he prolly did the best buy scam (up to $800 off if done right), ends in february... don't PM me about it... go to fatwallet if you want to read about it, all i can say is i'm real happy with what i paid too :p

·
Registered
169 Posts
I paid $1670 @ BB.......PC Richards/BB beating each others price (during BB 1999 sale) + 12% BB online coupon for opening a credit card. Great job!!!

·
Registered
30,129 Posts
why don't you do a search?

the "scam" is clearly outside of AVSforum rules and it was clearly stated in post #6 where to get more info. read more carefully, and go find your own answers. see how it feels?

·
Registered
6,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbo1 /forum/post/12960836

Thanks to everyone for your help. I noticed I was trying to get 1:1 pixel mapping 5080 and searched these forums and didn't come up with the exact solution so I will post it here as I found it. It's in the manual. Use a hdmi cable as opposed to vga pc cable to get the best picture out of your setup. I use a resolution of 1360X768 X60hz.

Just curious, do you have a vertical line of 3 unlit pixels on each side?

Also, when I fed native to my 4280, I noticed it forces HDMI PC mode which also limits contrast. Max contrast of 60 in HDMI PC mode is about equivalent to contrast of 40 in HDMI video mode. Are you seeing this as well?

·
Registered
5,088 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig /forum/post/12961155

why don't you do a search?

the "scam" is clearly outside of AVSforum rules and it was clearly stated in post #6 where to get more info. read more carefully, and go find your own answers. see how it feels?

FI did a search of scams and it brought me to this thread

·
Registered
280 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes there are 3 unit pixels on each side. I don't know why but my Sony a10 when I did 1:1 the desktop was larger than the screen so 3 pixels smaller is ok. You can tell its 1:1 by the sharpness of text and if shifting isn't present. It just looks like a big monitor. I leave my contrast and color settings all stock for pc. I am stuck in pc mode as well but it isn't an issue as contrast is fine with the stock settings. If you want to change your contrast use your video cards tool to change it as well as color.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpcat /forum/post/12962050

Just curious, do you have a vertical line of 3 unlit pixels on each side?

Also, when I fed native to my 4280, I noticed it forces HDMI PC mode which also limits contrast. Max contrast of 60 in HDMI PC mode is about equivalent to contrast of 40 in HDMI video mode. Are you seeing this as well?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts