AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I have a DELL 9100 Dimension, P4, 3.0ghz, 512MB of RAM.

I also just picked up the Geforce 6600GT and the monster Widescreen 2405FPW 24" LCD DELL flat panel. The monitor is 1900 x 1200 (or so).

My question is this:

I need the best picture quality for my buck. I have DVD's in full quality on my hard drive, and I will be playing DVD's from the ROM drive as well.

What software should I download, or buy, to get the best picture quality? I have heard of the PUREVIDEO from NVidia..and ive heard of Theater Tek. Theater Tek actually comes with the PureVideo decoders. Will this be good for me? I dont really know much about tweaking, so will this be a good start?

Also, is there any "Mode" that these should be in? Any kind of setup options I should be aware of? Ive heard of "VMR9"..is this in the video card setup? Or in TheaterTek?

Am I going in the wrong direction? Im open to anything that will get me the good picture I should be getting with this new system.

Any help would be appreciated. Just looking for the best bang for my buck.

Thank you!

PS: Will any front end open Theater Tek? I havent chosen a front end yet. And how about a remote? Will the MCE remote work with TT?

·
Registered
437 Posts
DirectShow and DScaler is probably the best in terms of cost/performance (DirectShow is free download on windows, and DScaler is open sourced). But this has some configuration things you need to go through. I am currently stumbling my way through this as I write this so I will not be much help yet. (My system is finally stable, but I had to ditch 2005 MCE edition as it was crashing every 20-30 minutes, moved to WinXP Pro and it is running for a day now without a crash, amazing).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.