AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Out of the box it has an amazing picture. Have yet to see how ambient light effects it because the only lights I have flood the room with overhead light. I will need to buy some additional lights soon. I think the projector will have no problem handling them.

I like the picture so much I've put off plans to buy a screen. I don't think I need one because I already enjoy the picture so much. My only complaint would be the colors, but I have yet to try and adjust them to my liking. It reproduces colors much like many projectors I have seen which seem to be slightly green/blue and the yellow doesn't seem to be quite right as vibrant as on my 32" WEGA. This might just be different then the way I like to see colors because like I said most projectors seem to produce the same type of picture. But the color issue is really a small complaint because the picture is so engrossing any disadvantage as far as color reproduction is dwarfed by the impact of the larger size.

One last thing. If you haven't yet, get a Xbox to really show your projector off. The vibrant colors from games are amazing as well as the sound. If you subscribe to the "Official XBox Magazine" you will get a demo disk with each issue. This allows you to get some great games to play and show off your projector. I'm not big into gaming so this is perfect because I get many sample games without having to spend $50 for the full version.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.