AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow, what a great TV for the money. I liked the SWX20b better, but it cost $1,000 more and I just couldn't justify the price, especially since there's going to be a better TV out there 3 years from now at the same price or less. Got it at CC for a great price, they matched BB plus the 10% diff. and they delivered it so fast I barely beat them back to my place! TV arrived in torch mode. First I lowered the picture a lot. Next I did the convergence and found the manual is wrong. THere are supposed to be marks on the left and right and top and bottom to show you how to align the green first and they weren't there. I kinda' did it my own way, I adjusted the vertical green line until there was a break between it and the top of the screen, then I counted the # of times I hit the button to move the green line up far enough that there was a break between it and the bottom of the screen. I divided by 2 and figured that would give me the middle and moved the line back down that amount. Did the same method for the horizontal line which was much easier. After doing the convergence 1 and 2, I used the THX optimizer for attack of the clones to roughly set the other controls. AOTC looked great! Digital cable also looks fantastic. The zoom modes work great except for sports, where I didn't like them as much, I'll probably use the 4:3 gray bars mode for the occasional sports show. I'll be requesting a HD box from comcast as soon as I can so I can check out HD signals. I can't believe the picture through regular RCA cables and coax, my component and s-video cables haven't arrived yet. One thing I didn't like as much was some shadowing I noticed around objects. With some objects that were filmed with a shadow it was difficult to see the transition between the object and the shadow, I adjusted the brightness and that seemed to help. Anyone know of any tweaks for this model?

·
Registered
392 Posts
Hi,

I just got the panasonic PT53WX42 and I dont have Avia yet (probably wont get it for a month ) I did a search on this forum, HomeTheaterForum, and *************** and didnt really come up with too much as far as settings go. I was wondering if anyone who has Avia or has had an ISF calibration could tell me their settings. Most people say to put Picture/Contrast at 35%, so I lowered mine to 22 (out of 63) but it looks a bit dark. To my eye, optimal is 30, but that sounds a bit high.

Any help would be great and sorry if this question is not appropriate for the forum.

Doug

·
Registered
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by HistoneMaster
I did a search on this forum, HomeTheaterForum, and *************** and didnt really come up with too much as far as settings go. I was wondering if anyone who has Avia or has had an ISF calibration could tell me their settings.
Try www.panny.tv, and search around a little bit.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.