AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, that was fast! 2 day shipping from Oregon to Ca. I ordered the 5.1 setup with the 10in sub. Due to my move in 2 months or so, I just hooked up the the front 2 speakers and the sub. Wow!! Let me say that I am no audiophile, but do know what sounds good to ME. I played a few cd's and am impressed! I am running them on my lowly Onkyo 500 that puts out about 50-60 watts/channel and am seriously impressed. I thought the receiver was rated to low and figured that I couldnt get the volume up real high. Boy was I wrong! This sucker kicked ass! I can't imagine how the pio 45tx will drive these speakers. I just love the fit and finish of the speakers. The cherry wood veneer was a good choice and I am glad I went with it. Oh man, I am happy!! I can't wait to move and set up the whole system with the 45tx.

·
Registered
199 Posts
let us know when you hook the rest up. because I am too looking into these speakers.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I was thinking about purchasing an aperion sub. How is the sub? I don't need a lot of bass but I need something fast and tight... I guess the term would be musical. I'm going to be a grad student next year, so I've switched my mains from floorstanders to monitors and was looking into a mid-sized sub for 90% music/10% home theater.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm not so sure that I am qualified to give an accurate assessment on the sub, however, I will say that it pounds! I got the 10in one and the finish (cherry wood) is beautiful. I put in an old LL Cool J song (going back to Cali) to test it out and it sounds sweet. I have no regrets on the purchase.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.