AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW

Quite a step up from the HTIB 6" yamaha sub I had.. I have to keep the sub's volume at 1.5 in order to keep from shaking the house. I do have one question though. I'm using the sub out option. The instructions say if you want to use the built in crossover switch then you need to set the sub to dolby prologic, otherwise you keep the sub on 5.1. Should I use the crossover in the sub or will my Onkyo 509 take care of it? In the Onkyo the speakers are set to the appropriate size. Is there a benefit to leaving the sub in 5.1 mode?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Your receiver is capable of setting a crossover frequency, so let it do that job and just set it there. If you set a crossover at the Onkyo, set your speakers to small and also set a crossover at the sub you could be introducing some slight inaccuracy at the crossover frequency because of the double setting.

If your receiver didn't have a crossover setting then the sub's dolby option would be helpful.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I do have the Onkyo set to small speakers which I assumed was the crossover function.

Yea.. 1.5 still sounded fairly good but I can only do so much while the kids are trying to sleep

Gonna watch a movie tonight and see if I can really get it shaking.

·
Registered
2,199 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea /forum/post/20865334

Krakhen is correct. Glad you are enjoying the sub. 1.5? ;p. Turn it up! Subs are meant to shake the house a bit!

Mine's set below 2, with Audyssey reading +0.5dB.

Have fun, Mudfrog! For me it was more than a step up, I had no sub.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.