AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have tried to start threads about this receiver for a few weeks but I took the plunge. I am very happy with it and as it burns in it just gets better. The home theater is very nice and not at all bright. The stereo music is also good. I think its better than the Arcam 350 and that is leaving out that it can actually pass true hd and dts master using hdmi. I do want to caution you guys on one thing. I had no mic to use the auto set up so I decided to adjust the sound levels with a sound meter like I always have. The gain on the machine is unlike any other receiver I have had and we destroyed a tweeter in the Focal 836 speakers almost instantaneously. If you re going to manually set the speaker level be sure to have the gain way down and move it up cautiously if you have to. The dealer is getting a new tweeter and then I will write a real review as it will have burned in. I am very impressed though from what I have heard minus a tweeter lol. This is only the second speaker I have got a tweeter in in 30 plus years and the other time was my wife and a set of Theils she cranked. Once again a very nice unit and a great receiver for the money no doubt.

·
Registered
108 Posts
i've read about this receiver, but haven't seen it for sale anywhere...

the video for it on their site amuses me

if you get the chance, please pm what i should be expecting to pay for one of these beauties...

cheers...

·
Registered
72 Posts
I was just looking at reviews of this receiver last night. I'd be interested in hearing more about your impressions when you have it burned in.

Sorry about your tweeter.

- Irene

1 - 3 of 3 Posts