AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got them fine since July, and then two days ago I started getting problems. Sometimes the picture is there, but most of the time I get huge pixelations and all green areas, sometimes leading to complete audio and picture loss. I get a strong 90+ signal on all of the 101-satellite channels, but when doing a signal strenth test of the 119-channels, I now get mostly zeros, sometimes with a few ~30 strengths. This is true on both of my DirecTV receiver boxes. What is the most likely problem:

A.) The dish becomming mis-alligned.

B.) Faulty LNB(s) and or multiswitch(s).

C.) Sap falling off the pinetree above the dish and covering it (I can see that there IS a lot of sap on the dish, but I cant see the LNB's).

D.) Other?

------------------

Rick W. Scogland

My Email Address:
[email protected]

My Home Theater:
The Scogland Home Theater

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
check cables and line of sight for 119 LNB. sap should not cause problems other than cosmetics unless it is really heavily caked on. bypass the multiswitch to see if it is the problem bty caling directly from the 119 lnb to your box.

·
Registered
604 Posts
I just recently had an LNB go whacko on me. This is the first experience with a failure of this mode in over three years and with multiple dishes from multiple services.

The weirdness changed day to day before it spiraled to complete failure.

I would swap the LNBs for a quick sanity check. In fact, I always (now) keep a spare just for that reason.

regards,

patrick

[This message has been edited by patrickthickey (edited 10-11-2001).]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.