AVS Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was mainly upright in my car for 4 hours. It's sitting upright now. OK to turn on or do I need to wait a day, etc. Dumb question but relatively new to plasma owning and wanted to double check.

this is a 55 st50 I just got used mint condition.

·
Registered
125 Posts
why do you have to wait?...has it been sitting out in the cold....?

if the temperature is not too low, just set it up and turn it on...

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought I read somewhere about it needing to set or something. I have no idea wanted to double check. thanks!

·
Premium Member
18,302 Posts
You read false information. It doesn't have to sit after moving it around. You can spin it over your head like pizza dough then immediately plug it in and watch it.

·
Registered
8,699 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters  /t/1525442/just-moved-my-plasma-ok-to-turn-on-or-should-i-wait/0_100#post_24558459

You read false information. It doesn't have to sit after moving it around. You can spin it over your head like pizza dough then immediately plug it in and watch it.

And you want to know why they can't sell enough plasmas to make it profitable anymore?

Ian

·
Registered
20,607 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by delt31  /t/1525442/just-moved-my-plasma-ok-to-turn-on-or-should-i-wait#post_24558437

I thought I read somewhere about it needing to set or something. I have no idea wanted to double check. thanks!
That has to do with temperatures being low or high for extended periods of time. Most will wait for the TV to get at or close to room temperature. Besides that plug it in, turn it on and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,997 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailiang  /t/1525442/just-moved-my-plasma-ok-to-turn-on-or-should-i-wait#post_24558556

And you want to know why they can't sell enough plasmas to make it profitable anymore?

Ian
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ph8te  /t/1525442/just-moved-my-plasma-ok-to-turn-on-or-should-i-wait#post_24558572

That has to do with temperatures being low or high for extended periods of time. Most will wait for the TV to get at or close to room temperature. Besides that plug it in, turn it on and enjoy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yup.

amazing what 'info' is out there about plasma these days. it's like watching a smear campaign sometimes.

Reactions: gus738

·
Registered
18,021 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters  /t/1525442/just-moved-my-plasma-ok-to-turn-on-or-should-i-wait#post_24558459

lol Ever tried it?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts