AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just moved from one condo to a larger condo.. My old condo I was ceiling mounted and placed on a flat wall. My new place has a "cuby" for the television, I am trying to project into this area. Distance from wall to wall is 16ft.. distance from projector lens to wall is 15ft. "Cuby" cut out is 81 inches.

I have posted some pictures so you can see my setup.

I cannot figure out how to "shrink" my picture so it appears in posistioned on the wall and not carrying over to the side walls of the cut out. I will have to get black velvet to line the walls because the reflection off the wall fades out my blacks.

I've tried to keystone it, and it worked.. but the right side of the screen is 5inches shorter than the left.. and it looks as if you were watching from an angle. Also motion is stretched.

Please advise.. I need my tv back

·
Registered
546 Posts
You have your projector to close for a screen that small. For an 81" screen size, your projector can be no closer than 11 foot 8 inches for that particular projector according to the projection calculator.

http://www.projectorcentral.com/Mits...ulator-pro.htm

Plus your projector is at to much at an angle. I would try getting a coffee table or something and positioning it in front of you on a table.

Or you could place a normal TV in the cubby hole and get yourself a pull down screen that pull down over the hole to watch movies on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by terminatorbob /forum/post/14236990

You have your projector to close for a screen that small. For an 81" screen size, your projector can be no closer than 11 foot 8 inches for that particular projector according to the projection calculator.

Plus your projector is at to much at an angle. I would try getting a coffee table or something and positioning it in front of you on a table.

Or you could place a normal TV in the cubby hole and get yourself a pull down screen that pull down over the hole to watch movies on.

If 11.8 is the minimum.. its about 15 foot.. There is no way to shrink it?

I dont really want a pull down.. I wanted to build a frame projector and just have it on the wall. For the angle, yeah, I need to get a wall mounting kit. I have a ceiling mounting kit but I just need the elbow piece which Ill have a guy at work in the machine shop make for me so I can adjust angle.

Theres no other way to make it fit inside of that hole?

·
Banned
98 Posts
When you say your cubby is 81" I am taking that as the width of the opening?

The smallest width (not diag) this PJ will throw at 15' is 90" wide (104" diag). You need to try to get the lens at 13' 4"; this is the absolute farthest distance it can be to get the 81" image width into your wall space.

There is no way to correct the image distortion you are getting from turning the PJ sideways; keystone is made to try to correct "minor" placement problems.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt Natale /forum/post/14237316

When you say your cubby is 81" I am taking that as the width of the opening?

The smallest width (not diag) this PJ will throw at 15' is 90" wide (104" diag). You need to try to get the lens at 13' 4"; this is the absolute farthest distance it can be to get the 81" image width into your wall space.

There is no way to correct the image distortion you are getting from turning the PJ sideways; keystone is made to try to correct "minor" placement problems.

Thanks, I understand now.

Do you have any advice / suggestions for creating a wall mount that will stick out 3 feet?

I have this kit.
http://www.mountdirect.com/PMS_Proje...nt_p/pms_w.htm

Think it would be ok if I built an extension pole to go out 3 feet?

·
Banned
98 Posts
That mount looks perfect for what you are trying to achieve.

I would be absolutely sure your mod is solid or ask the manufacture if they offer accessories to modify the mount to your specs.

I think a PJ falling on your head would ruin your movie experience

1 - 6 of 6 Posts