AVS Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just boughht a plasma from Sears and two guys put it in the back if my Eplorer at more than a 45 degree angle - nboit no laying flat. When Iwas abput to drive off another mover came runnig out of th store saying you cant put them at an angle like that because of the gases? They pulled it out, unboxed it, and put it in the back seat sitting straight up. He said not to turn it on for 24 hours and it should probably bo ok??? Do I need to wait 24 hours? Could the Plasma screen have been damaged??

Very frustrating...

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
It's fine, he was repeating a plasma myth.

·
Registered
248 Posts
Plasma manufacturers recommend keeping Plasma tv's upright. Personally, I like to follow this recommendation. One of the reasons, though, is in shipping, due to the way they're packaged, if laid on there side it's easy to shatter the glass. Refer to your owners manual about any other possible issues. It'd be in the first few pages.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe277 /forum/post/12951002

Plasma manufacturers recommend keeping Plasma tv's upright. Personally, I like to follow this recommendation. One of the reasons, though, is in shipping, due to the way they're packaged, if laid on there side it's easy to shatter the glass. Refer to your owners manual about any other possible issues. It'd be in the first few pages.

The manual does say to keep it in upright position, panel not to face up or down, otherwise circuitry damage may occur. Nothing about the gas in the display. I think it should be fine...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts