AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I was going through some old stuff yesterday and I found out I have a Kenwood 650 amp, along with some other goodies. I'm only 22 and no expert on this stuff, but I know I have some decent equipment on my hands. I also came across an NAD 7150 receiver, a Thorens TD 115 MKII record player, and a Pioneer T403 cd player. Now I'm wondering, is there anything special I need to do to put all this together? All I have up and working at the moment is the NAD and two Sansui SP-5500X's my dad gave me a while back. I was about to pick up a Janis sub, but I figured I should wait. I don't wanna go at this amp thinking its all plug and play and end up with nothing/a fire. Anyone got some tips and tricks for me? I've hooked it up before when I was younger and didn't know 1/10 of what I do now and realized it was out of my league immediately. It worked but sounded hollow and overpowered, so I put it back away. Theres quite a bit of stuff I still don't know what do to with on the face of this thing. attenuator... what?  Phono 1 impedance, I know that's for the record player; but whats the 30, 50 and 100 ohms for? turnover... has three settings, 400hz-defeat-150hz, is that subwoofer related? and the presence, with 3hkz, off, 800hkz as setting options, I'm lost there. 

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Let me try again....

What does an Attenuator do?

What does the Phono Input Impedance do for me? 

What is turnover, and what does defeating it do?

What is Presence? 

These are all analog switch options on my 70's amp and I have no idea what to set them to. Also, should I just use the standard pre-out to input to get this thing pushing some sound, or is there a better/more effective method?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts