AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that I've been able to watch CBS in high definition on my new Toshiba, I have to ask Bob Ross at CBS a question: Is there a good reason why the high-def CBS bug has to be so big? I mean, it looks like it's 3-4" in diameter on a 34" screen. It would resolve nicely at half (or even a third) this size.

I know this topic has been talked-to-death before, but now that I'm seeing it firsthand, in all its HD glory, it's huuuuge. I mean, it's got its own plantery weather system.

·
Registered
619 Posts
I suspect that the technicians who insert the bug are not looking at how legible it is, but are using old ATSC guidelines to determine what percentage of the screen it should fill.

Perhaps Bob Ross can fill us in on this. I agree that the bugs should be smaller. But I also think that the people who own HD sets know very well what they're looking at. It's not as though we're surfing through hundreds of channels! :D

Rick

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.