AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was hoping someone could help me decide which screen size and material would be appropriate for my projector/room specs. I will be using a Knoll HDP-1200. http://www.knollsystems.com/prod-hdp1200-specs.htm

The walls AND ceiling of the media room (21"X16'4" 9' ceilings) have just been painted in a medium toned grey. (Sherwin Williams Mega Greige)

The Screen will be mounted on the shorter wall. Seating distance will be about 11" -14". I was hoping to use a 110" or a bit larger, but not at the expense of quality and brightness.

This has been a long and arduous journey getting to this point. All

I need now is a screen decision, and my home theater project will be complete. I am hoping that your input will help me avoid making a choice which would negate all of the positive qualities offered by the other components.

One last note, 95% of viewing material will be Blu-ray. As I learn more about home theater setup/design, I hope to help others just as you all have helped me.

Thanks again for all of your assistance and time. (Sometimes I forget all the time involved in writing an informative forum post)

·
Registered
44 Posts
Shaggy,

I just went through the same thing and ended up with a da-lite screen. I found that I learned the most after talking to the Manufactures and distrubertors.

I say give them a call and see what they reccomend. I am glad that I did.

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
get samples from da-lite, or whom ever. hang em on your wall. then ask questions here.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts