AVS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just don't understand this.. It said blu-ray.. I thought that was the disk was blue and the the rays were the color of the sun...

Damn, can't wait for green laser DVD's, especially fun coasters on St. Paddy's day!

:p

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn, I thought I was being original...

LOL

But, I did just open my first Blu-ray title and wondered what the disc looked like. Sony has a reputation for weird color discs like PS2 in black.

Plus, I figured some sort of humor could be used around here, it's all format war and HD-DVD is better, or vise versa.

·
Registered
1,390 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnthonyB /forum/post/0

I just don't understand this.. It said blu-ray.. I thought that was the disk was blue and the the rays were the color of the sun...

Damn, can't wait for green laser DVD's, especially fun coasters on St. Paddy's day!

I thought you were funny !

Though at least use Indigo or Violet light since they have higher frequencies and shorter wave length. Green falls between red and blue. Don't you know your physics man

·
Registered
3,418 Posts
they are the exact same gray color that HD DVD i think..

·
Registered
107 Posts

Quote:

Damn, I thought I was being original...

LOL

But, I did just open my first Blu-ray title and wondered what the disc looked like. Sony has a reputation for weird color discs like PS2 in black.

Plus, I figured some sort of humor could be used around here, it's all format war and HD-DVD is better, or vise versa.

I thought it was the PS1 discs in black.

·
Registered
104 Posts

Quote:

What a waste of thread.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fragglerock585 /forum/post/0

I thought it was the PS1 discs in black.

Early PS2 games came on blue CDs. When all the games started coming on DVDs this process was abandoned.

·
Registered
1,467 Posts
There were and are a few of the infamous blue PS2 CD games out there which were released many years later into the PS2's long lifetime. These include Contra: Shattered Soldier and LEGO Star Wars. They are infamous because many PS2s were unable to read the blue PS2 CDs, especially the earlier ones which were also prone to the infamous disk read errors.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts