AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
and a Panasonic DVD recorder from buydig.com. Hope it shows up and if it does it shows up in one piece :D.

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
The mods have set up a "I got my new plasma" sticky as they don't want a new thread every time someone receives a new plasma. How about a "I just ordered a plasma" sticky? And a set of stickys for LCDs also.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was pretty surprised when a buydig rep called me this morning (on a Sunday) to confirm my address and let me know that the unit will shipped out tomorrow.

Sounds good. If any of you have checked out the buydig site you'll see that the 500U is selling for about 50 bucks cheaper than the 50U. Both have free shipping. Go figure.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Let us know how it goes. I'm about to take the plunge as well and would be interested in your experience.

-Greg

·
Registered
94 Posts
OK, here's the current status on my order. I got a call from Seko Worldwide saying they have my TV and they could deliver it on Thursday afternoon. Since I already have Friday afternoon off, I asked if they could deliver it on Friday. They said no. Then I asked about Saturday. Once again, no. So I may have to perform "unnatural acts" to be able to get off Thursday to receive it.

To be continued...

·
Registered
5 Posts
I ordered one as well and am suppose to take delivery this Thursday. So far so good...I hope everything works out.

Manna called me to schedule an apt.

I was surprised at the price point as well...i definitely wanted the 500U after seeing it at Magnolia

·
Registered
418 Posts
If ya don't mind me asking, what made you decide to go with the 500U over the 50U ?

I've decided on the 50U and I keep thinking I will regret the non PIP feature.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stocky
If ya don't mind me asking, what made you decide to go with the 500U over the 50U ?

I've decided on the 50U and I keep thinking I will regret the non PIP feature.
For me, the biggest reason was the PC connection (via VGA cable), although I aslo liked that it has some extra input jacks (in the front), and has an integrated on screen program guide if you use the cable card. For a $200 price difference, it was worth it to me.

Of course it hasn't arrived yet (due tomorrow), so I don't know for sure if I was correct in my choice.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I went with the 500 over the 50 primarily for the bigger built-in speakers. I already have a separate home theater set up with a DLP projector. I just needed a decent TV for family stuff and sports. God I love football in HD.

I would choose the 50U if I were going to go down the surround sound route.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FYTON2V
I went with the 500 over the 50 primarily for the bigger built-in speakers. I already have a separate home theater set up with a DLP projector. I just needed a decent TV for family stuff and sports. God I love football in HD.

I would choose the 50U if I were going to go down the surround sound route.
You mean you're not gonna watch football in 5.1 surround? :eek:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mit07
You mean you're not gonna watch football in 5.1 surround? :eek:
Dolby Digital doesn't do anything for me when it comes to sports. Mono would be fine. Now if there's a dynamic soundtrack with music and explosions involved I have a very enjoyable HT setup :) .

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Odd. The 500U at buydig is now $500 more expensive than it was a week ago. Better put your order in now before you're forced to pay RETAIL! :D

My set is supposed to show up on Monday. I'll update then.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
It arrived today without damage and appears to be working perfectly. Yea for me!

It's heavier than I thought it would be. I'll be tweaking it for hours tonight :).

·
Registered
94 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FYTON2V
It arrived today without damage and appears to be working perfectly. Yea for me!

It's heavier than I thought it would be. I'll be tweaking it for hours tonight :).
Congratulations!!! Mine is working great thus far. I think you're going to love it.

:)

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just ordered my 500U from Dr. Plasma. It will take a couple weeks to arrive.

By the way, are the glasses the same between the 50U and 500U?

Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
It's so beautiful :D .

What a great TV. SD looks find and HD is fantastic. Nice color. Nice contrast and blacks.

Chucky,

I believe the glass is the same.

·
Registered
161 Posts
A question to all of you with the 50PX500 in hand. I am also ready to order one. I would like to install the wall mount ahead of the delivery, and in fact have a tilt mount ready to go. Because I live in a condo with 1 1/2" steel studs and drywall, have to open up the wall and install reinforcements.

Would love to have the four screw attachment dimensions on the back, center to center horiz. and center to center vert., in relation to the picture center.

Much appreciated, so this way when it arrives, I just connect and hang.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.