Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First post!

Long time reader of this forum. This place is awesome! I have learned tremendously from all the great posters.

I have had my eye on the Sammy DLP for a while now. Decided to wait for the newer models (46" will fit my home entertainment unit PERFECTLY, among other rerasons).

I was put on the wait list at my local Tweeter in central NJ, I am number one in line :D . They have 45 units scheduled to arrive (in dribs and drabs) on June 9th, plus or minus a couple of days. Needless to say I can't wait!

I also purchased the SIR-TS160 STB. A couple of questions...

1) Is the DVI cable included with the STB any good? Should I order a better cable?

2) I have not seen any tweaks available yet for the newer HLN's, any out there?

3) Will my Terk 55 antenna laying flat on the roof be sufficent to pick up Philly ATSC (about 25 miles SW from me)?

Thanks in advance for the info!!!

PS. Thanks to this forum I was able to get Directv to throw in free 3LNB dish and install and 6 mo free Showtime. :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have not seen much info on the 467? You said it fits your cabinet perfectly, what are dimensions of the tv? I have a couple of inches to spare?

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Carmac
1) Is the DVI cable included with the STB any good? Should I order a better cable?
If it works then it works. DVI is digital. As long as the bits make it from the STB to the TV then you're OK. Feel free to buy a monster cable crafted from exotic unobtanium alloys wraped in fubarium foil shielding but the pciture will be exactly the same. :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.