AVS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i finally pulled the trigger on the white q100, and q200c i now want to get a subwoofer and then rear speakers

I will listen to alot of different music like rap and house, play games, and watch movies

What are your thoughts on these subs from kef? They will also match the speakers?
Kef t2, kef q400, kube 2

And for rears i was thinking the kef egg shaped speakers on the stands or they would be too weak?

Thanks alot

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Hey guys i finally pulled the trigger on the white q100, and q200c i now want to get a subwoofer and then rear speakers

I will listen to alot of different music like rap and house, play games, and watch movies

What are your thoughts on these subs from kef? They will also match the speakers?
Kef t2, kef q400, kube 2

And for rears i was thinking the kef egg shaped speakers on the stands or they would be too weak?

Thanks alot

Those egg shaped speakers from Kef are quite good, especially for surround duty.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i just spoke to someone at kef they said the e301 are the best of the egg shaped kefs is that accurate?

·
Banned
5,866 Posts
Other options would be

Move the Q100 to the rears, and buy Q300
Buy Q800DS for rears, possibly get it rewired internally as bipole mode.

·
Registered
2,398 Posts
Have Q100's as fronts ...
Started with eggs as surrounds and they worked well.
For a while used Cambridge Audio S30's as surrounds and they were excellent.
Now have Q100's all the way around ... have to admit it sounds the best to my ears.

Re a sub - many options from the ID manufacturers often mentioned in the forums give you better bang for you buck than the KEF subs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks sounds like the q100`s are pretty good speakers

how high should the rear speakers be? should they be high and aimed down at the couch? or what?

·
Premium Member
7,388 Posts
I agree that another set of Q100s would be the best choice for surrounds. The speakers should be placed directly to the right and left of the main listening position. So you need a set of stands that are high enough to clear the seating and with tweeters at ear level or above ear level. A 24" stand may work but it depends on your seating arrangement.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts