AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
$49

Has a lengthy clip of Avatar, Ice Age, some live sporting stuff, and a 3D pacman trailer.

I viewed it tonight at Bestbuy and was very impressed with it as it's a great demo disc for any 3D set.

There are a few up on auction right now but considering how much longer they got before the time ends this was a buyitnow deal and seemed pretty fair.

·
Registered
100 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigric /forum/post/19572779

$49

Has a lengthy clip of Avatar, Ice Age, some live sporting stuff, and a 3D pacman trailer.

I viewed it tonight at Bestbuy and was very impressed with it as it's a great demo disc for any 3D set.

There are a few up on auction right now but considering how much longer they got before the time ends this was a buyitnow deal and seemed pretty fair.

what are keywords to search? on ebay?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSB /forum/post/19573061

$49 for a demo disk?!

Ouch.

Seemed like a deal because the disc is chock full of a lot of content and seemed like a great value considering it has 15 mins of Avatar and some of the best scenes from the movie.

I watched it at Best Buy yesterday.

Low and behold someone has 10 copies available for around $9 with $3 shipping so yup shame on me. But it is shipped from Greece for that $9 offer so I dunno.

·
Registered
22,494 Posts
I have this demo disc. Apart from the 6 min of Avatar (which is about the right dosage of Avatar), it has a wealth of sports and entertainment options, much of which is reference quality. Also has some 2D features and even some test clips for motion adaptive adjustments.

Expect free market prices for this disc to run from $50-100. There's a seller in Texas that moved about 10 of them for $80 each in a few days.

Should be differentiated from the earlier demo disc by the yellow "Vol 2" flag on the cover.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.