AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i went into bestbuy today thinking to audition a pair of klipsch bookshelfs thinking i would buy a new pair of speakers for myself. turns out managers special was out, bought a pair of rf 82's for 187 each, and pair of rb 51's for 125 for the pair, and a klipsch rc-62 for 125. amazing deal, i couldnt leave it. tommoro im going back to buy out the rest of there stock of the managers specials. but geting to my issue, i have an onkyo sr605 reciever, will that be enough for the speakers or will i HAVE to buy a new reciever to enjoy them? and if so which do u recommend for the best bang for the buck?

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
if anyone responds within the next twelve or so hours, they have the quitent sl's for 115 per, i think they only have two left though, pm me and give me your cell number if ur interested in them i might be able to pick them up for you

·
Registered
682 Posts
rf-82s for $187 each? Holy wow. If they have any rs surround speakers...i would be interested, hehe.

And the Onkyo should be plenty, the speakers are rated around 98db sensitivity so they should play VERY loud with low watts.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlegend213 /forum/post/14223678

hey, i went into bestbuy today thinking to audition a pair of klipsch bookshelfs thinking i would buy a new pair of speakers for myself. turns out managers special was out, bought a pair of rf 82's for 187 each, and pair of rb 51's for 125 for the pair, and a klipsch rc-62 for 125. amazing deal, i couldnt leave it. tommoro im going back to buy out the rest of there stock of the managers specials. but geting to my issue, i have an onkyo sr605 reciever, will that be enough for the speakers or will i HAVE to buy a new reciever to enjoy them? and if so which do u recommend for the best bang for the buck?

This inquiry would be answered quickly if it were posted on the Klipsch speakers thread!

and yes, the Onkyo 605 will drive the 82's without a problem. But, more power wouldn't hurt either!

Regards.

·
Registered
6,779 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlegend213 /forum/post/14223678

Great deal! Congrats.

While the Klipsch are very efficient (I have the older RF5's myself), and the Onkyo will most likely be powerful enough to drive them, I'd need to know how big your room is, and what you consider "loud" in dbs to be completely accurate.

·
Registered
5,107 Posts
It sounds like they were giving that stuff away!
If they actually had an RC-62 in stock you made out like a bandit. Fwiw, none of the Magnolias here carried the RC-62 or even had one on display.

I have no experience with the Onkyo brand but agree with Petergaryr that it may work, but imo a bottom of the line AVR from any company isn't going to drive those speakers very well in a mid to large room. Congrats on the deal.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah so far the sound AMAZING. i put them in my den, with a 60inch 1080p panny plasma, and i havnt used our theater since. the sound quallity is astonishing!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts