AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read a lot of negative things on here about it but I needed an inexpensive player to hold me over until the new HD-DVD or BlueRay's come out.

In spite of all the negative feedback I have read here, I am actually quite pleased with the 480p output of this Panasonic DVD Player on my Samsung TXP3064W HDTV. If anyone is thinking about getting the S27S, it's a decent cheap DVD player. I am sure the videophiles here will scowl at that, but to my eye (perhaps untrained?) it looks much better than my old 480i DVD player.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Mr. PerfectCR:

I am confused by the following:

"In spite of all the negative feedback I have read here, I am actually quite pleased with the 480p output on my Samsung TXP3064W. If anyone is thinking about getting the S27S, it's a decent cheap DVD player."

Since I am interested in the Panasonic unit and you posted a thread about it why are you mentioning the Samsung and what does it have to do with anything? How is the Panny's performance???

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by meincer
Mr. PerfectCR:

I am confused by the following:

"In spite of all the negative feedback I have read here, I am actually quite pleased with the 480p output on my Samsung TXP3064W. If anyone is thinking about getting the S27S, it's a decent cheap DVD player."

Since I am interested in the Panasonic unit and you posted a thread about it why are you mentioning the Samsung and what does it have to do with anything? How is the Panny's performance???
Not sure what you are confused about. :confused:

Um I guess since you need a TV to actually SEE the output, it was worthy of mention since all Tv's are different.

Still consused?

·
Registered
7,295 Posts
I think meincer became confused with the statement "pleased with the 480p output on my Samsung TXP3064W" which, if one did not know the Samsung is a TV, could be misread to imply the TXP3064W is the output device, thus a possible DVD player. Thus, the confusion.

Just a thought.

Paul

·
Registered
767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by Paul Bigelow
I think meincer became confused with the statement "pleased with the 480p output on my Samsung TXP3064W" which, if one did not know the Samsung is a TV, could be misread to imply the TXP3064W is the output device, thus a possible DVD player. Thus, the confusion.

Just a thought.

Paul
Ok. I edited the post. I just assumed all the gurus here knew the model numbers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.