AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm almost all set for the superbowl now. I went to CC to buy it and all that was left was the display model so I got it for only $199.99. Not too shabby if you ask me. My Z2 is scheduled to arrive tomorrow via UPS, so all I need now is an antenna and I'm all set. Any antenna placement tips etc for reception?

·
Registered
381 Posts
Same here. I tried an RCA amplified antenna and got a few stations, but they kept breaking up, pixelating, and then finally stopped coming in at all. Didn't work for two days. Today I went and got a Zenith Silver Sensor at BestBuy, works great, haven't had any breakups.

Those HDR420's go for $340 at Amazon.

·
Registered
52 Posts
i got one 3! I think the open box circuit city ones are only 189 if you look at your receipt. Anyway I am wondering how good the tuner is in this thing at picking up weak signals? Additionally, i am sure that this tuner has some signal threshold level in it so that it blocks out other stations from interfering. How do we get into the service menu to change things that we are not supposed to change?

·
Registered
352 Posts
Must be a post super bowl haggle discount as I bought an open box today for only $169! It had a scratch on the top and no cables were included. Had manual, remote & warranty card though.

I'm VERY pleased with mine thus far. Easy to set up and works well with my BenQ PB6100.

Sonicflood

·
Registered
23 Posts
Bought a Zenith HDV420, no luck with an amplified indoor RCA, hooked it up to the rooftop antenna. Signal is great, then total dropout, for no reason. Eventually comes back. No problems with the STB, or menu

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.