AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I made a thread earlier but decided to change everything so here is what I went with.

I am curious if anyone has used or seen this case it looks to have some awesome reviews and looks very nice also Silverstone is always a plus.

Case SILVERSTONE SUGO SG02
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811163112

PSU Corsair 650 TX

already have extra

Motherboard ASUS P5QPL-VM EPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131387

CPU E7500
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115056

Ram 4GB XMS2 DDR2 800

already have 8GB in main pc just going to borrow 4GB haha

GPU

I am going to use my current EVGA GTX 260

Optical LG DVD Burner

HD

#1 Cavier 500 GB 7200 32mb probably make two partitions.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136320

#2 Cavier 250 gb already have as extra in main pc.

OS I will be using Windows 7 RC

I will be hooking this up to my 42" 1080P LCD.

Also will be using MEDIAPORTAL, and play my games on it as well.

Tell me what you think.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowenac /forum/post/16947338

Ok I made a thread earlier but decided to change everything so here is what I went with.

I am curious if anyone has used or seen this case it looks to have some awesome reviews and looks very nice also Silverstone is always a plus.

Case SILVERSTONE SUGO SG02
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16811163112

PSU Corsair 650 TX

already have extra

Motherboard ASUS P5QPL-VM EPU
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813131387

CPU E7500
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16819115056

Ram 4GB XMS2 DDR2 800

already have 8GB in main pc just going to borrow 4GB haha

GPU

I am going to use my current EVGA GTX 260

Optical LG DVD Burner

HD

#1 Cavier 500 GB 7200 32mb probably make two partitions.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822136320

#2 Cavier 250 gb already have as extra in main pc.

OS I will be using Windows 7 RC

I will be hooking this up to my 42" 1080P LCD.

Also will be using MEDIAPORTAL, and play my games on it as well.

Tell me what you think.

if you are using win 7 use MCE. also for 30 bucks more you could have gotten a 1.5 tb drive, 500gb will go fast.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
Since you already ordered.... looks great!

Why do people ask these questions... AFTER they order.

All in all, it looks fine. The comment about using 800 in a 1066 system. Memory bandwidth isn't really going to make that much of a difference in reality. As he already has it, I would use the the 800. I have used 667 in an 800 system and it worked just fine as it automatically adjusts itself. Who knows, he could even try to overclock the ram if he wanted.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Probably because he wants to be praised for the choices he made....but in this case, not too much :p but if he's happy, go for it

As for the memory, I agree that the performance increase may be small, but the price difference is only a couple of dollars.
So why not get the better ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmarchini /forum/post/16948776

Since you already ordered.... looks great!

Why do people ask these questions... AFTER they order.

All in all, it looks fine. The comment about using 800 in a 1066 system. Memory bandwidth isn't really going to make that much of a difference in reality. As he already has it, I would use the the 800. I have used 667 in an 800 system and it worked just fine as it automatically adjusts itself. Who knows, he could even try to overclock the ram if he wanted.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Again, since you only posted this after you ordered this is kind of moot... Do you know the dimensions of that case and know that the EVGA 260 will actually fit? That is a LONG video card, and that micro-atx case doesn't look like it will give you much more than 8-9 inches. The EVGA 260 is 10.5 and that doesn't include the extra inch needed due to the PCI-E Power connections.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Kell /forum/post/16949419

Again, since you only posted this after you ordered this is kind of moot... Do you know the dimensions of that case and know that the EVGA 260 will actually fit? That is a LONG video card, and that micro-atx case doesn't look like it will give you much more than 8-9 inches. The EVGA 260 is 10.5 and that doesn't include the extra inch needed due to the PCI-E Power connections.

Really Now yes I have read my reviews on the case and many people are running GTX 260 just fine. This is the newest revision and they moved the hard drive cage to the right side of the case so now nothing in the way of a card Will fit 12" full size cards.

And for people asking about why the DDR2 800 well like I said I already have 8GB of it so why buy more.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3W813 /forum/post/16948692

For $20 more you could have doubled the 500gb....
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822145233

Your CPU runs at 1066FSB, why did you get DDR2-800 and not get memory to match?

I will never own a Hitachi but thanks anyway.

My gaming PC ram is the same ram but I have it unlinked why would I want to link it. I will be oc the cpu. Trust me I know what I am doing.

My main pc is running the same DDR2 800 ram with a Q6700 at 3.8 on water.

I have plenty of space in my main gaming computer I have 2TB of Hard drive space. There is enough room in the HTPC case I got for 3 drives. So I will be using some extra drives I already have. I will just be using the 500GB for two partitions 250/250 OS/Games Then any other drive I add will be for Video.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_311 /forum/post/16947562

if you are using win 7 use MCE. also for 30 bucks more you could have gotten a 1.5 tb drive, 500gb will go fast.

Why MCE I have MEDIAPORTAL running perfectly fine with windows 7 and I like windows 7.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowenac /forum/post/16949549

My gaming PC ram is the same ram but I have it unlinked why would I want to link it. I will be oc the cpu. Trust me I know what I am doing.

My main pc is running the same DDR2 800 ram with a Q6700 at 3.8 on water.

I will never own a Hitachi but thanks anyway.

I have plenty of space in my main gaming computer I have 2TB of Hard drive space. There is enough room in the HTPC case I got for 3 drives. So I will be using some extra drives I already have. I will just be using the 500GB for two partitions 250/250 OS/Games Then any other drive I add will be for Video.

Hey man, you opened the door, not me
If you know what you are doing, then why are you asking for opinions??

Quote:
Tell me what you think.

From the first post.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3W813 /forum/post/16949625

Hey man, you opened the door, not me
If you know what you are doing, then why are you asking for opinions??

From the first post.

Your the one who decided to be a jerk with this comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3W813 /forum/post/16949625

Probably because he wants to be praised for the choices he made....but in this case, not too much :p but if he's happy, go for it

Well yea I was just posting to show what I ended up getting. Just to see what everyone thinks about it for a HTPC. And also to see if anyone is using that case. And why not ask for peoples opinions it is no different then posting on other forums like EVGA, VWvortex, MAXISHINE. Just to show a build. I would also like to update it with a review once I receive everything.

I am happy with what I went with. For the price. I wasn't looking for people to change my mind on anything hahaha.

Sorry if this was a dumb thread.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowenac /forum/post/16950140

Your the one who decided to be a jerk with this comment.

Well yea I was just posting to show what I ended up getting. Just to see what everyone thinks about it for a HTPC. And also to see if anyone is using that case. And why not ask for peoples opinions it is no different then posting on other forums like EVGA, VWvortex, MAXISHINE. Just to show a build. I would also like to update it with a review once I receive everything.

I am happy with what I went with. For the price. I wasn't looking for people to change my mind on anything hahaha.

Sorry if this was a dumb thread.

I think people are missing the point on the ram. You apparrently already own the 4GB. So it isn't an extra few bucks... You would have to buy more ram. Furthermore, most games including crysis are really going to do much with more than 4gbs anyway at this point and the increase would be nominal. If you have 4.5GB in the gaming rig, that should be fine (4gb + 512mb of video ram). Actually, you really don't need more than 2gb in the HTPC in my opinion unless you are going to game on it. If that is the case, then 4gb's helps alot. I saw a noticeable gain going from 2 to 4gb under W7 64 using Crysis. Not as much as when I went from an HD2600XT to an HD4830 of course, but noticeable.

·
Registered
68 Posts
It's not a dumb thread. I'll give you some advice based on my experiences with a similar build:

SILVERSTONE SUGO SG02-BF Black

ASUS P5Q-EM MB

E8400 CPU

G.SKILL (2 x 1GB) DDR2 800

SILVERSTONE NT06-E passive heatsink

SILVERSTONE ST50EF-SC 500W PSU

SILVERSTONE MFP-51 LCD Display

First of all, this case is difficult to keep cool AND quiet. I immediately replaced the stock fan and added another SILVERSTONE SCOOL81 80mm for a total of two case fans. The hard drive will make noise because there is no sound dampening in the cage that holds it.

Monitor your temperatures closely, especially with a big GPU card in there.

Good luck, and enjoy!

·
Registered
3,954 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Esc /forum/post/16950713

It's not a dumb thread. I'll give you some advice based on my experiences with a similar build:

ASUS P5Q-EM MB

E8400 CPU

First of all, this case is difficult to keep cool AND quiet. I immediately replaced the stock fan and added another SILVERSTONE SCOOL81 80mm for a total of two case fans. The hard drive will make noise because there is no sound dampening in the cage that holds it.

Good luck, and enjoy!

I agree on the temps. You might want to consider a lower watt PSU down the road. contrary to what many fanatics say, you really don't need more than a 400-450watt PSU IF you get a quality one like a Power PC and Cooling for Seasonic with an 80 plus rating. The larger power supply will generate more heat. Most power supply efficiency rating are based on near full load with efficiency dropping as you put less of a load on it.

xtreme power supply calculator lite v2.5 puts your system at 360watts +/- 10 at 100% load.

I run my HD4830 just fine on a 400 watt PC P&C. It runs great even running crysis on max settings which is joked to melt systems.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_Esc /forum/post/16950713

ASUS P5Q-EM MB

E8400 CPU

Good luck, and enjoy!

Right on man thanks. I will def be watching temps with Everest. I have some plans for cooling as well. Also do you happen to know if the stock intel heat sink is to big or will it fit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv00 /forum/post/16952504

"Trust me I know what I am doing."

Right...

Uhh ok way to make yourself look like an ass hat. I have been building high end computers for a long time. Why wouldn't I know what I am doing. I also go to school for computer science and have learned a lot from that as well. Why would you post such a comment. Here is my current Gaming Rig. What makes you think I don't know what I am doing.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv00 /forum/post/16952504

"Trust me I know what I am doing."

Right...

Don't waste your time...let him get his 5 seconds of fame showing off his rig and supposed expertise.....

Shutting up now

1 - 20 of 24 Posts