503cmx/5002 w/ cobra stand.

now- x-box or ps2? hmmm....

this forum's been a great help :cool:

MMAfia

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
$6,098 shipped as advertised on their website for the 503cmx+vidcard... marriage isn't even on the radar yet my friend...

literally took a few minutes on phone to place the order. and they treat board members nice too

i'll post sum pix once it's setup.

:p

MMAfia

·
Registered
463 Posts
Lisa has the Hitachi rebadge of the 503CMX for the same price. The Hitachi has a 2 year warranty. Are there any downsides to the Hitachi?

·
Registered
751 Posts
Quote:
Get Both!:D

I have all 3 current Gen systems 'cause I am system agnostic. I perfer to have the freedom to play the high quality games, no matter the system.

-Nintendo Game Cube = Super Mario Sunshine, Metriod Prime, Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker.

-PS2 = Onimusha2, Gran Turismo, SOSOM: Navy Seals, Grand Theft Auto III & GTA: Vice City.

-XBOX = Tony Hawk 4, Xbox: Live games which include Unreal Championship, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon & Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell - Future games such as Star Wars: Galaxies and Enter the Matrix also offer online gameplay and are 2 of the most anticipated games of 2003.

Sooo, what I am trying to say is get all of them. The system bashers may tell you that one is better than the other, but I don't believe that, as all 3 have their strong points and weaknesses. It's the games I am more interested in.

Cheers!

Dave

·
Registered
230 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MonkeyMafia

I have all three, but if you can only have one:

GameCube

·
Registered
996 Posts
I have the four major ones, Dreamcast, PS2, GameCube and Xbox. I second the gamecute being best with Xbox second. Several titles you can only get with Gamecube. For picture Xbox with a 720p game like Tony Hawk 4 is the best.

-Jym-

·
Registered
35 Posts
Monkey......Does the 503 replace the Sampo in the bedroom or the living room RPTV?

Please compare the pic from the HTPC fed Sampo and the 503 when you get a chance.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
503 is gonna replace the living room rptv. sampo stays at the foot of my bed.

it's gonna be a good contest, but i have a feeling that the 503 is gonna beat the sampo by a hair... DVI dvd playback from an HTPC is something even the sampo can't do.

thinking about an external stb line doubler scaler (don't wanna have to turn my htpc on just to watch regular cable/satellite- used to do that way back when dtv was around before dscaler was created). the iScan Ultra?

MMAfia

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.