AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased the SONY STR-DG720 today. I returned TWO Yamaha DX-V463 s before getting this Receiver becasue the HDMI switch with my PS3 was AWFUL and displayed green sparklies when it would diplay the signal at all.

This SONY was a PEASURE to hook up and setup with my Harmony 550 remote, and switches perfect!

The question I have is that the Yamaha had a feature which Displayed ENHANCED 5CH and made normal TV viewing come from all 5 speaker and sounded great to my ears. Does anyone here with experience with this SONY receiver know if a setting similar to this function exists? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
189 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by zepharus /forum/post/15451493

The question I have is that the Yamaha had a feature which Displayed ENHANCED 5CH and made normal TV viewing come from all 5 speaker and sounded great to my ears. Does anyone here with experience with this SONY receiver know if a setting similar to this function exists? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Yes. The front panel of your receiver should show the channels being used. Check page 7 and 8 of your manual for details.

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
do you want the same sound coming out of all speakers? If so I think Sony calls it "all channel stereo". If you want to take a regular two channel source and "enhance it" using all 5 speaker - you probably are thinking of Dolby Pro Logic II Music/Game/Movie.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
correct! I would like the same sound from all speakers when watching TV... Id like the normal sound when when playing games or watching BluRay

I dont see a mention at all about all channel stereo

·
Registered
3,189 Posts
Its called Multi St - keep pressing "AFD" on the remote of the receiver till you see this option. It only seems to work with a 2 ch source and not a 5.1 source.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts