AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

VERY DISAPPOINTED! in the viewing distance/angle, compared to my trusty Vizio 47" LCD (VO47LFHDTVA10) of 6 years! The picture quality is pretty decent, not great..The specs claim you have the option to turn smooth motion on/off, but for the life of me I cannot find it anywhere in the menu, The remote as stated by others is absolute garbage. Deff gonna be sending this bad boy back to Sams within my 90 days, I'm just waiting and hoping they get the new 2014 model E 50"-B1", because I too have noticed that THAT model is listed with 16 active dimming zones compared to the new 55 and 48" which have 12 ADZ...hoping that improvement and the slight reduction in screen size will help with the washed out colors when not sitting directly in front of this set. I assume if i had a gigantic living room and this baby was wal mounted, the viewing distance might improve slightly, BUt in my current conditions that is not possible! I really want to like this TV since I have had nothing but great experiences with past Vizio TV's, this TV seems like a step back for Vizio in some ways,And I wish the smooth motion feature was as good as the CMR 240 offered by Samsung LED's, I would even pay 100$ more for this set if it had a superior Smooth Motion Technology and a decent viewing distance..(178 degree my booty)...Cmon Vizio release that 50" already!

·
Registered
89 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ W  /t/1518590/just-purchased-the-e-550i-b-2-from-sams-club#post_24376476

VERY DISAPPOINTED! in the viewing distance/angle, compared to my trusty Vizio 47" LCD (VO47LFHDTVA10) of 6 years! The picture quality is pretty decent, not great..The specs claim you have the option to turn smooth motion on/off, but for the life of me I cannot find it anywhere in the menu, The remote as stated by others is absolute garbage. Deff gonna be sending this bad boy back to Sams within my 90 days, I'm just waiting and hoping they get the new 2014 model E 50"-B1", because I too have noticed that THAT model is listed with 16 active dimming zones compared to the new 55 and 48" which have 12 ADZ...hoping that improvement and the slight reduction in screen size will help with the washed out colors when not sitting directly in front of this set. I assume if i had a gigantic living room and this baby was wal mounted, the viewing distance might improve slightly, BUt in my current conditions that is not possible! I really want to like this TV since I have had nothing but great experiences with past Vizio TV's, this TV seems like a step back for Vizio in some ways,And I wish the smooth motion feature was as good as the CMR 240 offered by Samsung LED's, I would even pay 100$ more for this set if it had a superior Smooth Motion Technology and a decent viewing distance..(178 degree my booty)...Cmon Vizio release that 50" already!

Your experience is not encouraging. I was hoping to wait for the Vizio "P" Series but may have to jump over to the Sony W900A or W850A.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts