AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

I just re-ran Audyssey on my 7.1 system (Klipsch Sub 10) and Icons connected to my 805. Mainly because I have been experimenting with sub locations.

What is weird is I had the sub at the 12 o clock position and after calibration it set the level of the sub to -10db!! I realized that I had my buttkicker turned on during the calibration. Could this have jacked it up? What is the reccomended practice Buttkicker on or off during calibration?

Anyone know what might have happened? I remember having it down to more like -3.5db before.

Should I dial it back down? Thanks!

·
Registered
623 Posts
Either it was the buttkicker or your mic was too close to the sub...or possibly both. I would just increase the level in your AVR using either a SPL meter to level match or by ear if you don't have one.

·
Registered
5,221 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiger /forum/post/18300420

Hi Guys,

I just re-ran Audyssey on my 7.1 system (Klipsch Sub 10) and Icons connected to my 805. Mainly because I have been experimenting with sub locations.

What is weird is I had the sub at the 12 o clock position and after calibration it set the level of the sub to -10db!! I realized that I had my buttkicker turned on during the calibration. Could this have jacked it up? What is the reccomended practice Buttkicker on or off during calibration?

Anyone know what might have happened? I remember having it down to more like -3.5db before.

Yes, the Buttkicker should be turned off. External vibrations picked up by the mic can throw the calibration off. Is the sub in the same location as previously?

·
Premium Member
14,197 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiger /forum/post/18300420

Hi Guys,

If you had the mic placed on the sofa that the Buttkicker was connected to, you'll want to completely re-run Audyssey. The Buttkicker will shake the seating, shaking the mic and affecting the response. This will not only affect the subwoofer level, it will affect the measured FR and the subsequent filters set by Audyssey.

Turn the Buttkicker off, and re-run Audyssey according to the "Guide":
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...5#post14456895

Craig

1 - 4 of 4 Posts