AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I upgraded from the AE2000 to the AE8000. I've never had a 3D TV or Projector. A friend of mine let me borrow Samsung SSG-5150GB glasses, but they are not pairing. Should they pair? Or are they not compatible?

Also, I have a TX-SR805 receiver. I'm assuming that this is not capable of 3D pass through?

·
Registered
5,139 Posts
The AE8000 uses IR glasses, the Samsung I believe are RF blue tooth. And yes the Onkyo has only HDMI 1.3 so no 3D pass through.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
I upgraded from the AE2000 to the AE8000. I've never had a 3D TV or Projector. A friend of mine let me borrow Samsung SSG-5150GB glasses, but they are not pairing. Should they pair? Or are they not compatible?

Also, I have a TX-SR805 receiver. I'm assuming that this is not capable of 3D pass through?

Looks like the reciever is pass through only and will work with 3d. Good news there. You an test that without glasses.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/194-3d-tech-talk/1309951-3d-viewing-thru-non-3d-ready-receiver.html

·
Registered
652 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Saw that yesterday but it didn't work. Could it be that the hdmi cable that connects the receiver to the projector is too old to handle 3D?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts