AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought it of of the german E-bay since it is not released in my country (netherlands) just yet. I simply could not wait any longer.

This morning i woke up and got ready for work.When i finaly went down the stairs ( I live in a apartment) I noticed a small box sitting there and realised that THAT IS MY HD-DVD PLAYER SITTING THERE!

I must have not been home at the time the courier came by and someone else accepted it for me and left it there ,How nice of them.but if they would have left it on my doorstep i could have been playing with the new toy last night already *Grumps*.

As you can understand this made it very very hard for me to leave the house and go to work.I even contemplated calling in sick but im to morally adjusted for that i suppose .

So i just finished unpacking it ...Slowly,taking my time to take in the sights you know :p

I just felt like celebrating it for a bit and anounce the arival of my new most anticipated toy since its *friggin* release date. (sorry about that)

Ok im gonna be busy hooking it up now and have some fun with it hopefully and report back.but im not sure when il be back tho.

Whish me luck , im going in.

Glenn

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks evader and studiotan very much apreciated.

Dixy : ignored.

Quote:
Originally Posted by studiotan /forum/post/0

I would have called in sick

Enjoy the new player!

LOL

Believe me it was very very tempting and it was real hard for me to go to work like that.

and to awnser Rhegaana ,yes it did come with KK and im very glad it did.

And WOW !!! i expected this to look good obviously but really i dont think i expected it to look THIS good!

KK was simply amazing for lack of a better word.

I think i just had a PJ upgrade!

I mean the contrast the blacks and the colors it looked like i just upgraded to a $3500 DLP from my perception.

i especially noticed the 3d like effect right before the part where the guy says to ann "your not a bad looking girl..." it looked as if i would be able to put my arm through the screen and reach behind her.rOr being able to see every little tiny detail in Kong's fur and being able to count the hairs in it ,really good stuff.

i ended up watching the whole movie again and i did see it twice already on sd-dvd.I was not expecting to do that but i simply could not get myself to turn something like this off without sitting it through.I even whent beack to a few scene's after it was done.

gotta go my time is short but i have to mention that the next day i got out and bought myself 2 more HD-DVD's, i just had to have some more .

Glenn

·
Registered
584 Posts
I wonder if you'll be able to get the updates for the HD-DVD drive since it's not released yet in your country? Congrats on the new toy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.