AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
from Von Schweikert Audio,, the TS-350 High Performance Multiple-Application Surround Speakers,,,,, whoa!

Right out of the box, sweet, fast, detailed, throwing a huge soundstage when set in dipole operation,, this speaker could perform admirably as L/R mains if desired in many a room.

Flat wedge design, the 350's can be wall mounted/or placed on stands. They can be set for either monopole or dipole modes, depending on your taste for music/ HT, or both. A total of ten drivers widely disperse the sonics that totally envelope the listener in my 11'x19' HT room. Using a Denon AVR4800 @ 125w/ch whether playing at low or extremely loud levels, their is no sign of strain or distress from the high tech "low distortion motor design"drivers. Simply sensational!!! I'll be breaking them in using direct 2-ch mode,,,, and if it sounds this great out of the box, at 100 hrs the room will be "rockin".

After auditioning the more expensive Aerials, Revels, and like peers,,, I say, stand aside guys, the TS-350's have arrived, setting a new "surround" standard, delivering accurate, musical, and thrilling "theater" sound effects, in a low-profile and affordable package (under $2k)!

Jack

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
C.Clark,

The TS-350's are built like brick s/houses. You won't believe your ears,,,, you won't believe the sound delivered by these small packages! In a word,,,, stunning!

I rocked along with the "Music for Monseratt" DVD this eve. The best music DVD avail. in my opionion! Listening to only the 350's in dipole,,, put chills on me! Get ready for a treat!

Jack

·
Registered
102 Posts
Jack,

You know how fond I am of my Von Schweikert S/3 sub, now with these new surrounds, what the heck am I supposed to do with my Sonus Fabers?:)

Maybe for my next upgrade I'll be able to go with a full-blown Von Schweikert speaker package. But right now, if my girlfriend hears me say the words "up" and "grade" in the same sentence I get punched.

Jim

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Jim,

You might try dangling a couple of airline tickets in front of her next time you mention the words "up-grade", as in "first class" seats, then break the news that they'll be some changes around the apartment! Ya got to give some to get some as they say.

The Von Schweikert HT "package" is truly amazing, and should be on everyone's audition "short list" I have the the VR-3.5's, LCR 35, S/3 sub, and now the TS-350's. The special VR-5's HSE occupy a place in my audio only 2-channel spot in a seperate room.

I should mention that prices on most of the Von Schweikert models will rise Nov 1st. Better call the "Airlines" to book those reservations today Jim!

Jack

·
Registered
928 Posts
Jackson,

Just got mine today. WOW!!!! You weren't kidding Jackson. Everything you said about the TS-350 is 100% correct. Thanks for pointing me to the right direction. 95 more hours can't come soon enough. The dipole mode is just amazing compared to my old ones(B&W SCM8s). Everytime I think I want to stay with the monopole setting(which is also great), the dipole sounds twice as good.

By the way, how do you configure yours? I set mine at full range.

Jose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.