AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, i just got the X1 today. Damn, that was fast! I temporarily hooked it up to my pc and am typing on it as we speak. This thing is just too cool I have a question though. Im projecting an image about 9 feet from the wall. I'm just using a plain textured drywall btw. While the image looks great, I can see the heat waves being projected on the screen. The X1 disipates heat from the front-left of the lense. Is this normal? The projector runs fairly hot btw. Once I mount it in its real position (about 12.4 ft away) does anyone think I will keep seeing the heat waves? I cant show a movie because my dvd player on my pc is not working and my component to vga adaptor is not here yet. Does anyone else here see the heat lines on the screen? TIA!

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Yes, this seems to be a fairly common "feature" of the X1. It's apparently not a problem if you are ceiling mounting it upside down. And even if you table mount it, I really only notice it on mostly blank white screens like computer applications, which seem to really highlight the heat waves. It never bothers me while I'm watching a DVD.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Your absolutely right technut. I only notice it on a white screen. I dont think it will bother me when playing a movie. Thanks again technut. Your advice and faq has been an invaluable source to me. Kudos to you!

·
Registered
1,280 Posts
I noticed this when i first un packed the x1 and projected only 1.5 m's (just to make sure it worked before i flashed it to v 4.1).

At 4m projecting 92inc 16:9 image i cannot see this at all (ceiling mounted).

92inch is nice size, i just wish all content would do it justice, id be pissed if i had a top end PJ with the amount of crap qualtiy broadcast on SD DTV (espically studio stuff and cheap us NTSC programs). Shows like CSI are nice, if only all looked as good as the Fusion HD demo mmmmmmmmmm.

D

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.