AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an Infocus 5700, and the artifact that has bothered me the most is the motion dithering. It makes pans/tilts and first person shooter video games look pretty crappy. I've read here on the forum that his is gone in 1080p DLP's. Tonight I saw for the first time a 1080p DLP. It was a projection design mach 3 I believe it was names, and on a firehawk g3. I didn't see any motion artifacts from short viewing, but when there was snooker on, and I was watching the big green table, if I would move my eyes at all watching around, then the table would look dithery and weird. If my eyes were still, I didn't notice it. But any time I looked around, it would be VERY obvious. It's like I´m seeing the same artifact by moving my eyes(just naturally looking at the image. Not intentionally trying to see artifacts) with this projector as mine when there are moving scenes on it. What a strange artifact. Anyone else bothered by this?

Whenever there was very bright scene, the surface of the firehawk became pretty visible to me too.

My eyesight isn't all that great, so I always find it strange when I find very obvious artifacts that I haven't seen reported all that much.

edit: probably have the name of the projector wrong. It was "action" and something "3"

·
Registered
21,993 Posts
I can't see the surface of my Firehawk G3 at all. Sometimes I can see the surface of our Da-Lite High Contrast Cinema Vision screen, but it doesn't bother me. It's occasional.

And I dont see any dithering with my dVision 1080p, which I think is the same as the Action Model 3. Maybe it needs calibration.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.