AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
in a realtively toney ny city store, the sharp pj was set up via s-video from a marantz dvd changer. smallish grayhawk retractable screen.

downright pathetic. an insult to our hobby and the growth of the business. any casual looker would rule the state of the art as primitive.

i continue to be amazed as how certain retailers stay in business. the only thing i can think of is that this demo would dissuade people and switch them to more profitable (?) plasmas.

if anyone from sharp monitors this board, you do not need "help" from these guys.

·
Registered
8,770 Posts
With such a late-model design, the fault lies squarely on Sharp's shoulder's.

With such recent vintage, the 9000 should have had an iScan or Faroudja licensed 480i deinterlacer built in, as well as a best-in-class scaler.

In another year or two, all projectors will probably have one of those two de-interlacers standard for 480i inputs, and the scalers should scale the 480p deinterlaced image to the native panel resolution quite well with minimal to no artifacts.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hell....i want to blame the retailer too.

i mean a very decent progressive dvd player can be had for $200.....but it was a 20' cable run. too expensive to use a good component cable i guess! instead let's use a crappy s-video cable that degrades in the best of circumstances....

oh....and the color calibration was off; way off.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.