AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wow , first week of December and just six people shy of 50,000 registered members .

Congratulations AVS Forum .:D

Scott................

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm curious to know how the [almost] 50,000 people found there way onto this board. Me, personally, I was referred by a magazine ..the best PC mag ever ... MaximumPC . Any other cool mentions of AVS anywhere?

·
Registered
490 Posts

·
Registered
17,711 Posts
Congrats AVS.

Quote:
I'm curious to know how the [almost] 50,000 people found there way onto this board.
I was at remote central when Steve13 had posted that this was a good place for some info (can't remember what was the topic of that thread, just that I had heard his advice before and thought it was good). So I decided to give this place a try. I will not tell you if I agree with him :) on that particular advice

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
I don't mean to pop anyones bubble, but I would guess there is a good bit of the 50,000 that have/had two or more accounts at one time or another. Like me, I was here years ago but couldn't find my log on info, so another account was made. I wonder how many memebers there really are, like ones that stop by two or more times a week? 20,000???

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah , David Bott had mentioned his concern regarding the "real" numbers back during the summer . Our friendly neighbour Forum , the Home Theater Forum , ran a contest during the summer to identify all its members . All you had to do was respond to their E-Mail and include a link to a recent post you had made , then you were entered into the contest .I'm guessing that this was a way to "weed" out lost souls or duplicate memberships .

I'm sure that when David can find some free time , he may try something like that .:D

Scott.................

·
Banned
3,403 Posts
I love to surf the internet looking for this an that, when I joined there were only about 18,500 members, and that number fluctuated downwards and upwards.

I had the foolscreen made up, and was on a lot of places, trying to get people to come to where it's at, you know me as hob.

But on WebTV you can have 6 differnet user names one for the Internet Movie Data base

I had the word foolscreen in my signature, trying to get people all over the world to buy widescreen DVD. IMDb as a private message system and I answered them all.

When on WebTV I put DVD captured video shots on exotic home pages saying that this was made from a progressive Scan DVD that can only be used on a HDTV. I used popular stars of the past, like Patsy Cline the Country & Western Singer.

Although disabled I could make the most by doing something for our hobby directing a lot of people to AVS. I kept saying don't take my word come to where the best of the best talk about television of the future!

I hope that I made a impression of some knowledge I am quick to drop everything to find an answer to someones question on WebTV or the IMDb or a lot of forums that have nothing to do about video. I always try to verify or to give information where some one else will tell them what I have told them for their proof.

Happy 50,000 member AVS the biggest and best forum in the world, we have no boundries, no predjudice, no creed; just cyber-space coffee. :)

·
Registered
3,449 Posts
Congrads to AVS for 50K member! I found AVS last year after a link was posted on DBSForums. A few months later I registered and started posting :)

·
Registered
398 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Art Sonneborn
I think richie c should be given some sort of prize! The 50,000th member:D

Art
Ooh! Ooh! How about a rainbow detection kit and pixel mapping grid?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.