AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone ever experienced buyers remorse??

Just sold my 807 on E-BAY for 700.00 smackers, was past my 30 day return limit at NEWEGG. I went to Best Buy and listened to a 607 and a 707. After that I regretted the 800.00 I had spent. Now I an auditioning both the 707 and 607.

I mean after the Audyssey set up I am hard pressed to discount even the 607. With everything crossed at 80hz, and EQ off, the 807's extra power was wasted. If you run your fronts at full for music, without a sub,then I could see it.

The upscaling is so close it is not funny, the internet radio the 807 had was nice, but streaming music through the 360 and ps3, not to mention LastFM on the 360, makes that redundant.

I found the PLIIz was better then the DSX wide, and was not impressed with the THX SELECT stuff. Am I alone here? My ears must be super untrained or just plain ******* in their tastes....

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cute, but logical. Not really. After reading the reviews, I thought it was a no brainer. Silly thread I guess, but I figured someone out there would speak up. Some like myself that is not afraid of the audiophile snobbery...

·
Registered
43 Posts
OK well. You can still get a great receiver. If you don't need the new height/Wide feature, then I would just get a Onkyo 876. Accessories4less have refurb's, but I swear the one I just got is brand new. Anyway, good hunting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts