AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He works at a theater and got to see a special screening. This guy is a fan of the first movie and a gamer. He was so astounded at how good it was he was almost speechless, but here is what he had to say:

1. "MATRIX REL0ADED IS THE BEST ACTION MOVIE I HAVE EVER SEEN. They will not be able to beat it for years to come. The first one doesn't even compare."

2. The chase seen is amazing. A motorcycle going the wrong way on a freeway. Morpheus swordfighting on a semi trailer.

3. The fight with the multiple Agent Smiths was even more amazing.

4. Unlike the first one that had a lot of exposition, this one is non stop action, but the plot is still good. It will turn your assumptions in the first movie on their head.

5. No digital presentation, but an IMAX presentation is planned.

6. The video game will tell you about the off screen activities of Ghost and Niobe.

I don't know about you guys, but I've never been so exited to see a movie. Since my source sees a lot of movies I respect his opinion, but remember this second hand info and some of it could be inaccurate.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
I've already got my tickets for 5-14-03 at 10:00. Funny, I am almost more excited about Reloaded than I was for Episode 1.

·
Registered
526 Posts
Glad to hear a good review. I was worried after reading the sneak preview reviews over on home theater forum by Ron who didn't give it very high marks...

·
Banned
1,387 Posts
I hear Time magazine has a HUGE article in it about the 2 upcoming Matrix movies and it even tells about the clifhanger ending on Reloaded. I myself want to be suprised so I haven't read it, but if you can't wait that long, you may wanna check it out.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I read the same review from the Home Theater Forum. I think the reviewers are being pretty ridiculous. They seemed dissappointed that Matrix Reloaded didn't give them a cathartic existentialist experience like the first one apparently did for them! Give me a break! It's just a friggin' movie for god's sakes!

While I enjoyed all of the clever exposition of the first Matrix, I liked the action a lot better. I for one am going to enjoy two hours of insane action when Reloaded comes out.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
I also cannot wait! There's no day-before showing like I notice many other places have. (10PM and 12AM)

The earliest one is in the morning, so I'll be going to that one.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
For people who liked the Matrix:

If you haven't seen it you'll probably really enjoy a movie called "Equilibrium" It's DVD comes out the 13th. The movie does have its slow parts, but the action/fight scenes are really nice. Reminds you of the Matrix without copying it.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
I've got my ticket for the 10pm showing on the 14th. Can't wait...will probably watch the matrix (again) the night before.

I also have Equilbrium on my "movies to watch" list...sounds pretty good.

Nabs17

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Chris, did your friend see it at the Cinerama? No digital presentation? Lowers my excitement level a TAD, but still looking forward to it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.