AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was calling about the 711 and found out the 720 is replacing it. All I know for sure is that it is brighter, 2200 compared to 1600. I was just about to get the 711 when I find this out. Could he be saying this because he has no more 711xu's but is getting the 720 in June? I wonder. Any info on the 720 would be apreciated. He says he will be selling it at the same price he is selling the 711xu (which is still $500 more then the lowest quote I got for the 711 from another dealer to give you an idea of pricing). Just when you think you have it all figured out.

·
Registered
3,209 Posts
Having a projector that is too bright is much better than having a projector with only adequate brightness. If the image is too bright you can use a neutral density filter to effectively cut the light output. When the lamp ages to the point that the picture is no longer bright enough, simply remove the neutral density filter and you have a brighter image again. You cannot do this if you are starting out with a projector that does not have sufficient light output.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by AngryofMayfair
2200 is far too bright for HT use - 1000 or 1200 is enough - the 711xu is too bright for me in high mode - low mode is far better.
Many people find 2500 lumen projectors, including myself, ideal for HT use.

·
Registered
1,002 Posts
Call Panasonic

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.