AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
362 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought the Mitsubishi WT-42311 42" 16:9 RPTV today, waiting to get it delivered this Thursday. Spent about half the day mulling between this model and the Sony KP-46WT500, and drove to about 4 different stores looking for the best price.

Ultimately, I decided on the Mits over the Sony because the size and weight of the Mits will work better in the size of our viewing room. True, I won't have DVI and some of the other Sony features, but I figure I'll be graduating from my anesthesiology residency in 1.5 years and in that time, I'll upgrade to something REALLY nice. :) Also, in comparing the picture quality between the two, I invariably found that I liked the Mits PQ better than the Sony in all 5 stores I saw the two units in.

Anyway, I ended up buying the 42311 at Pacific Sales in Torrance, CA for $1587 with free delivery. Best Buy, Goodguys, Ken Crane's, and Fry's are all selling it for $1799 up until next week, when the sales end and the price goes back up to $1999, so I think I got a good deal. Pacific Sales also offered an additional 4 year extended warranty which covers everything on the TV except for abuse for $217, which I didn't get.

Now, I'm looking forward to having the crazy thing delivered. Thanks to all on this forum for your reviews and comments.

·
Registered
505 Posts
wow, thats a really awesome price, I thought I got a good deal when I paid 1799$ for mine, with free matching stand, 100$ credit toward any dvd player. I think mits might had a price drop, everyone is selling it at 1799$ now, I orginally paid $1899 for mine, but got my $100 back with the 99 days price protection. I hope they will drop the price again soon. ;)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.