AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looks like I will be resigning from AV as a hobby (of no choice of my own), and thus AVS, for the foreseeable future.

Not sure when I will be able to peruse this hobby again.

I will do everything in my power to not be forced to sell my house and move "someplace else"; but if I do, building another theater is god-only-knows how far away (5 years, 10 years?).

All of my projects and activities are hereby immediately and indefinitely postponed... or reduced to the point where it might as well be.

I have no idea what I will be doing next, where I will be located, or how much free time I will have.

Any additional project-efforts from here on out are on a much-reduced, best-effort... if anything at all.

·
Registered
992 Posts
Yea man sorry to hear!! The local power company must have finally got tired of you dimming the grid!

All seriousness....good luck!

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
No, not April fools... unfortunately.

I use to work for the DOE, and then the Department Of Finance, but the economy is doing so poorly this fiscal, that they had to downsize, and I was randomly selected as one of those candidates to go.

I get to keep my pension until I'm old and moldy, but I no longer work for the public;

and my top-secret clearance is likely now expired by the time of writing this as well.

I had to be given one of those because I was working directly inside the systems involving multiple-billions of tax dollars of cash flow of millions of people.

In fact if you are so interested to know, some of the very members of this DIY forum itself are in our system, so you were "indirectly" using the "stuff" I built for a number of years now already.
[and no, I can't give you a "refund" on your money just-because you "want" me to
(That is the first thing everyone always asks me to do for them when I tell them about it
)]

Everyone always wants me to make them out a bank deposit for:

haha

The somewhat-good news, is that I was given 5 months notice of the downsizing, so I knew it was coming for a long time now, and was able to somewhat prepare, just didn't know who or exactly when.

I think I might go work for Microsoft now, maybe build a decent version of Windows for once
, I have no idea really...

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Or I could do that for you... but then I'd be given a life-sentence in Max Security in a Federal prison someplace. (sounds "fun", where do I sign up?... haha
)

·
Registered
539 Posts
sorry dude.... so now working in private sector you will a bazillion more dollars.... im sure if it

funny... govt tax receipts are at record levels right now. the gov't has wads of cash rolling in and they keep raising the debt ceiling... fiscally it all seems good ( well for our double accounted GAO cooked books at least)

·
Registered
12,045 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Yeah, it was constraining the size of my sound system... that simply won't do!

But yeah, corporations are at an all-time high; but the workers?... given peanuts to perform backflips and then triple-backflips below the inflation rate!

Regardless; the debt ceiling has only one of two possible outcomes:

1) They default on it, and wipe the slate clean. (read: Bank Run Apocalypse)

2) They hold this generation and all proceeding generations captive as debt-slaves for life. The likes of which humans haven't seen, since the days Kings raped villager's wives after stealing their livestock and anything else worth of value. (read: dark-ages 2.0 dubstep-remixed style)

-My 2 cents

"Now: Let the games commence!"

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.