AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DTS ES! wa-hoo! I was too involved to notice any real discrete cues in the center rear channel. The gain seemed a tad high. Sounded good to me, it wasn't a bad mix either.

Video was outstanding as well. I didn't notice any distracting EE at all. Popping colors and great Shadow detail. I also watched the special features. (in widescreen too)

Great Job New Line!

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by bunder
Then it must be very different from the first two.
Actually, I found the first two to be much funnier than Goldmember, so you might want to steer clear bunder. I'm not sure whay, but I get the feeling you aren't a fan of the series eh? :D

·
Registered
19,586 Posts
I found the first two to be quite funny, if taken for what they are intended to be. Some of it is just the parody appeal, and some of it is just Mike Meyer's great eye for funny situations. The 'you're hitting my spot' thing from the hot tub in particular comes to mind, or the gag with the shadows on the tent wall as Heather's character pulls stuff out of the luggage.

·
Registered
3,723 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Marc Alexander
I barely lauged...not even close to the first two IMO. I won't be purchasing.
The best part was Michael Caine's line about the two things he hates the most. I was roaring at that one.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
I love this series dearly. Goldmember is no exception. The opening scene alone is worth the 20 bucks IMHO.

Gus

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Art and Gus, my thoughts exactly. I told friends at the time that they should go only for the first 10 minutes even if they did not like the previous Austin Powers movies. Very, very funny opening!

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
Quote:
The best part was Michael Caine's line about the two things he hates the most. I was roaring at that one.
I'm with you on this one - I came dangerously close to hurting myself laughing at that line!

·
Registered
3,119 Posts
I got this yesterday and can say that it is funnier than the 2nd one but still didnt have the charm that the first one did. I loved the intro. I also like how they used a few clips from the previous movies. And when they made the same jokes from previous movies they acknowledged it, instead of the second one where they continued to say the same jokes over and over.

Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Spoiler  
Warning: Spoiler! (Click to show) Now as far as a 4th installment: I could see scott taking over and trying to distroy the world and Dr. Evil and Austin working together to stop him.

After seeing Bionce Knowles and Britney Spears in the movie, i can say that i was very impressed with Ms. Knowles. SHe had great timing and acting. And Britney..... well she served her purpose as a pointless cameo. (although we did find out finally that her breasts arn't real!;) )

·
Registered
1,156 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Gus
The opening scene alone is worth the 20 bucks IMHO.
I'm with you there.... That and the twins.... Woo-Hoo! :)

Peace....

·
Registered
13,771 Posts
After seeing the trailers in theaters and not laughing once, I knew this film was going to be trouble, so I avoided it at, despite my loving the last two. Well, I just sat down and watched the DVD and...

It was NOT FUNNY! Yes, the opening Austinpussy stuff was hilarious. Especially since Octopussy is my all time favorite 007 movie. But then the laughs just stop. And there were constant, endless unfunny music and rap numbers. :rolleyes: God, I thought I would kill myself.

It finally started to get funny about 60 minutes in during the "subtitle" sequence and then in fits and starts for the rest. There were some very, very funny moments during that last half hour, but it wasn't enough to make me like the movie or recommend it. :(

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.