AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so I specifically bought this thing for the superbowl.. have had it for a week.. just got around to setting it up to see how easy it is to get going...

dead blower motor.

any ideas or thoughts on another device locally that might use the same one?

im pretty much screwed as I contacted the seller on ebay and they said they would swap it but not until this one is received.. theres no way I would have one here by Friday.. they told me to contact the manufacture but I have a feeling it'll be a cold chance in hell they can help this late in the game.

going to walmart to see if they sell locally but I seriously doubt it :\\ GOD im soo mad right now.. as if I didnt have enough things to worry about this week.

bah

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I think im going to grab a leaf blower and hook up some dryer duct.. im thinking this might work as a quick fix.. probably will need ALOT of duct tape haha

·
Registered
42 Posts
I think a vornado style fan might work or rent a floor drying blower from a local janatorial or rental place. You want a quiet fan, nobody wants to listen to a leaf blower or shop vac for 2 hours.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Can you send that one back for a refund, order from Wal-Mart and get it by the weekend? I bought from Wal-Mart because I wanted to make sure it was returnable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
just checked the wal-mart site...2 days for $28 and overnite $35. I say go with Wal-Mart! the shipping has to be cheaper than buying a blower!

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well I have one option im going to try tomorrow. it looks like the smaller air powered items Gemmy makes is available at "party city" stores. im going to hit a local store to see if perhaps their $20 things have the same blower if so i will just buy one and yank the motor. Im betting they are because it would make sense they would use the same blower for everything to keep costs down. otherwise I will see if I can buy one through walmart and overnight it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
welp its a no go on their other products.. the small ones use a wallwart powered tiny fan.

Just ordered the same one from walmart.. im thinking I could probably take the defective one back to walmart as basically a swap.. only bummer is I might only get store credit..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts